Friday 9 January 2015

"Chelsea Peretti: One Of The Greats" Stand-Up Review



I love when people make me laugh, therefore, I love stand-up comedy. I am the type of person who thinks I am really funny but no one else really thinks I am. Ha. 

So I am a big fan of the show Brooklyn-Nine-Nine with Andy Samburg. I originally started watching it after someone showed it to me, and then when I realized it was on netflix I was all "YESSSSSS" and became quickly obsessed. In the show, there is a character named Gina, who is a very sarcastic type (like myself) so I instantly related with her character. 

Normally when I begin to like a TV show or movie, I like to google the characters to see what other stuff they have been in so I can be like, heyyyy I didn't know *such & such* was in this! It's a real eye-opener, you should try it out sometime. 

From this celebrity google stalking experience I found out that my fav character Gina otherwise known as comedian Chelsea Peretti had a Netflix special comedy show titled "Chelsea Peretti: One Of The Greats". I decided to give it a try.

I watched it.
Then I watched it two more times.
Then I made my parents watch it with me.
Then I watched it again, alone.
Then I told people to watch it.
Then I watched it with a friend.

All in all, I've watched it eight times now and I've laughed throughout it each time, by now even mouthing the words to the parts I have memorized. I really think she is brilliant. 

Now there were some parts I didn't like though... such as the audience cuts where it shows dogs sitting in seats or someone basically having a picnic. 

I also didn't like the parts where she is mocking herself in the clown outfit, where her school picture is talking to her from a chair in the audience, or where the guy starts leaf blowing inside the venue, etc., but I guess she was trying to do something different and to each their own. 

But other then those parts her actual stand-up performance was super funny and the way her jokes transitioned into each other worked together nicely. 

No comments:

Post a Comment