Monday 18 May 2015

Taylor Swift - Bad Blood Music Video Review!

 
 
Okay so if you are a Swiftie like me and have been seeing all of the cast photos on Taylors Instagram account and waiting oh-so patiently for this video to come out but it felt like FOREVER, you were probably very excited to finally see it yesterday.

Personally, I had no idea what to expect. Before it came out, I was sort of confused at the large amount of cast members, wondering how it was going to be played out and whatnot.

I'll tell you this - when I watched it, I had a huge grin on my face for two reasons.

One, because it was so cool seeing all of these female stars (who are mostly all friends) act like badass super gals, and I seriously wish I was in this video myself.

Two, because I am honestly so happy for Taylor that this video is featuring all of her friends which must have been a blast to make, but also because Kendrick Lamar, Ellen Pompeo and Mariska Hargitay were all in this video because she lovesss them! If you are unfamiliar with who they are, Kendrick Lamar is Tay's favorite rapper, Ellen Pompeo plays surgeon Meredith Grey on Grey's Anatomy, and Mariska Hargitay plays Sergeant Olivia Benson on Law and Order: SVU. Long story short, Kendrick makes her dance like a white girl at awards shows and Taylor named both of her cats after Ellen and Mariska's characters on the hit TV shows.

The one thing though that I definitely didn't anticipate was Kendrick being featured on the track! When I saw that he was going to be in the video I just figured it was exactly that, he would just be in the video. Maybe that was just me who thought that.

Now, anyone who is anyone knows that this song is obv about Katy Perry. If you didn't know that, I will let you know why. Keep in mind, I am only a canadian blog writer and photographer, so I only know what I have read on Perez Hilton, but word on the street over the last few years is that Katy Perry and T-Swift have been fueding because Katy tried to hire a bunch of dancers out from under Taylor which could have sabotaged a whole arena tour. Another obvious reason is because Katy dated John Mayer after Taylor did, when she thought they were friends. (...is Hoe's before Bro's still a thing?)

There are also a bunch of clues within the Bad Blood video that hint that it is, in fact, about the Princess of Lollypops and Sunshine... AKA just-another-Hollywood-sellout. The biggest one being that in the intro, Arsyn, played by Selena Gomez, is on Taylors side then stabs her in the back by pushing her out of the window, all while wearing a Katy-Perry-style black wig. Check out the list of reasons the video is definitely about Katy here.

No comments:

Post a Comment