Monday 5 January 2015

Music Mondays

I am obsessed with YouTube covers and finding new artists I haven't heard of yet. I find that sometimes I like the cover better than the original song, or in some situations I never liked the original song, but the cover made me find an appreciation for the song. Anyways, you get the gist of it, so here are some of my favourite artists that I have discovered recently or over the years that I would like to share with you this week. To check out the video, just click the title of each song!


Alex G - Stay With Me (Sam Smith)
I have been following Alex G throughout her YouTube musical journey since the beginning and she never seems to fail me. She is extremely talented. I love this female version of the song, and the raw emotion she sings behind it.


Kina Grannis & Imaginary Future - Riptide (Vance Joy)
This one is a double whammy! But both artists are amazing and do a duet cover of this song so pleasantly, it feels like butterflies are dancing around in my ears.



Julia Sheer & Landon Austin - Everything Has Changed (Taylor Swift)
This one is another duo of talented YouTube Artists and it is perfection. Tell me they don't sing this song beautifully with a straight face. I'll never believe you. 



Alex Goot - Story Of My Life (One Direction)
In this cover, the talented Alex Goot plays the drums, electric guitar, bass guitar, acoustic guitar, piano, maracas, tambourine, and uses his hands to make certain beats. Need I say more? Seriously?



Louisa Wendorff - Blank Space // Style (Taylor Swift)
Louisa performs this mashup of a couple of Tay Swifts new songs with her friend Devin, and it is exactly the mashup you didn't know you wanted. It is perfection and I cannot... stop... listening...






No comments:

Post a Comment