Thursday 30 October 2014

Timeline

All you ever wanted was me at first glance
So young but sure, like it all made sense
All I ever wanted was to know what I wanted
Running back and forth from thoughts that were haunted

All you ever wanted was me in your arms
I kept slipping away, giving in to another's charm
All I ever wanted were my heart strings no longer jumbled
A warm breath on my neck where your soft words were mumbled

All you ever wanted was for me to make up my mind
Waiting patiently for me to come back to you each time
All I ever wanted was you to take me back
Apologies and answers among the things I lacked

All you ever wanted was me forever
We found our perfect rhythm, hearts melted together
All I ever wanted was you forever
Soft I love you's whispered during sweater weather

All you ever wanted was your space and your freedom
Leaving me behind for your newfound kingdom
All I ever wanted was you to take me back
Ambushing you in green shirts with my plan of attack

All you ever wanted was to keep it casual
Locking you in, everything was still fragile
All I ever wanted was your love and attention
Your forced emotions and my misapprehension

All you ever wanted was someone else's love
Mine just a burden you were ready to be rid of
All I ever wanted was to stop being in pain
Letting you go forever, tears spilling down cheeks like rain

All you ever wanted was to say goodbye
Your choice something I had to abide by
All I ever wanted was you in the end
Left were your promises and a heart no one could mend

By S.Cyr

No comments:

Post a Comment